As my son got older we started to add a few more activities to our list. If any of these do not make sense to you please let me know and I would be happy to update this post.
Playtime Activities - 10-12 months
- Standing time with Mom or Dad**
- Blocks Table (10 min)**
- Ball - pass & eventually chase**
- Tickle time
- Music & Dance time
- Help Mom or Dad with dishes or laundry*
- Go for a walk outside (take hats)*
- Water the plants*
- Grocery shopping in carrier
- Social event (1.5 hours max)
- Car ride* ^^
- Visit the library
- Visit our neighbors
*These are considered mellow playtime activities usually done while holding baby in a carrier..
^^ Try to have this happen during nap time since baby may fall asleep
** Physical development activity (grabbing, crawling, standing, etc.)
Note: Mealtime can also be a good time to be silly with your child. We would practice our vowel & consonant sounds.